Smokey Valley Kennel
BREED/SHOW PROSPECT CONTRACT TERMS
This puppy/dog born on:______________Sex:_____Breed:________________
Dam: _____________________________________ AKC# ________________
The consideration for this sale shall be in the sum of $________________
1)The kennel prefix “Smokey Valley” must be used as the first words of the registered name of this dog and on the Permanent AKC Registered Name for its entire life. Breeders will name the dog. It is not subject to any change, regardless of any other options that may be available thru AKC. Any changes from the original name will be a breach of this contract and will Void sellers responsibilities in this contract. The sellers will also take this matter to court with all costs being the responsibility of the buyer. Full AKC Registration papers naming the dog will be filled out and sent to AKC by the seller/breeder after the sale is complete. (if the dog is young and it was not already done) Once returned from AKC they will be forwarded to the Buyer, if not available at time of sale. Initial here____
2)The above described dog/pup is being sold for show and or breeding purposes with Full AKC Registration Papers & all rights and is guaranteed against AKC Breed Standard defects that would render it unfit for the intended purpose as stated in the breeds "Standard of Excellence" as put forth by AKC as of this date.
3) Hereinafter referred to as "Puppy" has been sold to Buyer by Seller as "Breed/Show Prospect". Breed/Show prospect shall be understood to mean that it has no disqualifying faults as defined in this Breeds AKC standard, evident at time of sale and further that no genetic disorders are immediately apparent to the eye.
4) Should Puppy develop any disqualifying faults as defined in the AKC Standard, or be diagnosed with any genetically derived medical disorder or any life threatening disorder. These must happen within twelve (12) months from the date of birth. Which is confirmed by two unassociated veterinarians/offices, thereby causing Buyer and Seller to agree that Puppy cannot ethically be bred. Seller will, upon provision of veterinary reports, provide Buyer with the following. Seller will provide a replacement breed/show prospect quality puppy, of same sex etc. as soon as such is available.
Buyer will pay all shipping and miscellaneous charges associated with transport of both the puppy back to seller and the replacement puppy back to the Buyer.
5) In the event that the dog does not turn out and has not been bred to or with another dog in any manner or sold. (If used for breeding in any manner there will be no replacement, no matter any conditions found this contract will be void).
6) The AKC paperwork must be fully filled out and signed off on the back giving full ownership back to the Sellers at the time and date of its return including being dated to the day after the date of the original sale. (To insure the dog has not ever been bred to or with) Only with all this done will the replacement be done, again as available. There will be no other replacement options considered.
7) Seller shall not be held responsible for the development of disqualifying faults, diseases, viruses or disorders, which are due to Buyers negligence. Initial here____
Smokey Valley Kennel contract page 1of 2
1) Seller guarantees that Puppy is in good health and has received appropriate medical inoculations, worming and care. Seller will provide Buyer with a medical records detailing treatment Puppy has received under Seller's care, and any future care Seller feels is essential to Puppy's well being.
2) Seller guarantees that Puppy is free of life threatening diseases or disabilities to my knowledge at this time and as far as the eye can see.
3) At no time will the Seller be responsible or obligated to pay for Veterinary Treatments
Not agreed upon IN ADVANCE.
1) Seller strongly recommends that Buyer attend obedience classes with Puppy and provide proper socialization opportunities for the Puppy.
2) Seller shall not be held responsible for acts of Puppy destruction, or any Puppy acts, and/or dog/dog actions, dog/cat actions as these are the buyer responsibilities once the pup leaves the seller’s home, and any acts/actions which are due to Buyers negligence. Initial here_______
1) Purchaser is aware that all deposits are non-refundable.
2) Should Buyer choose to break any of the above portions of this agreement, the remainder of seller’s guarantee will be considered null and void.
3) Buyer and Seller agree that this agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington. If ether party is forced to take legal action to enforce any part of this contract, action shall be initiated in the county of Seller's residence. This also extends to Internet Sales across State Lines. Any legal fees and court costs shall be the responsibility of the party found to be in default. Initial here_____
4) This contract may not be altered, modified or rescinded unless agreed to in writing by both Buyer and Seller. 5) The Sales Contract is non-transferable. Should BUYER relinquish ownership in the pup/dog, for any reason, this Sales Contract shall be deemed null and void.
6) Seller warrants that she is the lawful owner of this puppy and is alone responsible for entering into this contract with the Buyer.
7) The Buyer has read and understands the foregoing and agrees that all parts constitute a binding agreement with the Seller. This constitutes the entire agreement of the parties hereto with respect to the sale described. Initial here____
The undersigned agree to uphold all covenants of this Agreement as of Date *___________ .
BuyersFull Name X_________________________
Address:___________________________________ Drivers License #________________
Seller: Michelle Shannon 113
Blake Rd. Toledo WA . 98591 (360)864-6116
Signature X _____________________________ Date X_______________
Smokey Valley Kennel contract page 2of 2